We took Jake to the fair yesterday and had the best time! We left Hamp at school so we could have some special time with Jake and it would t have been fun for Hamp anyway.
It turns out that Jake is the perfect height for most of the kid rides this year (42"), so he could ride without one of us. I rode with him in a few anyway just for fun. He didn't hesitate to get on those rides by himself and we were so proud.
I hope this day is a memory he'll always keep!


This was a pretty big obstacle course with a big rope net thing that you have to climb and a big bridge to cross and lots of other fun things. He was intimidated at first, but kept on and was proud of himself when he was done. We were so proud, too.
Ever the most cautious 4 year old around, there was a traffic jam of kids behind him, but he didn't care. He just took his sweet time and that was fine by me.


He was sure to buckle himself in immediately when getting in a new ride. Precious.





Our precious, happy boy.








He was big enough to ride this Octopus ride with an adult, so I rode it with him. It was a lot of fun, but a little scary for him with all the spinning. We'd just eaten greasy fair food and he said his tummy hurt while we were in the air. visions of the movie sandlot when the little boy puked on the roller coaster were playing in my mind and I was just praying he wouldn't. He didn't, thank Goodness. He kept saying, "I can't 'wook', Mommy! This Octopus is being too 'siwwy'!" He was scared but didn't cry and was fine as soon as we got off.

And no trip to the fair would be complete without fair food. Here are the boys having a donut burger. I hesitantly tried it and it wasn't quite as disgusting as I thought it would be. :)


What a fun, fun day with our Jake!

No comments:
Post a Comment