11/12/14

20 weeks - pregnancy 2

I can't believe we're now halfway through this pregnancy! Baby is now around 10 1/2 oz and 10 inches long from head to heel.

I am feeling a handful of kicks each day, mostly when I'm sitting or laying down at night. I am feeling great and have a lot of energy during the day. By bed time, I'm wiped out and my body is tired, even if I'm not sleepy. I've only gained two pounds, which is good because, as I say, I probably started off a little ahead of the game there. My belly is quite large and I do get looks when I tell people how far along I am, as I definitely look a good bit further along. I am sleeping well, despite at least one trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night. My big pillow is helping a lot with the sleep. It's already feeling like I have no ab muscles due to my belly, so getting up, especially out of bed, can involve some grunting and leg swinging.

I am ABOUT TO DIE to find out if this baby is a boy or a girl. It feels like 11/17 is moving further away instead of closer and closer! If we had it to do over again, John and I both say we would have gone for an early ultrasound to find out. But, when it's all said and done, the health and development of the baby is the most important thing, so I know I'll be glad to find out the sex as well as how things look during the big anatomy scan at the same time. 5 MORE DAYS! I'd love to say I "know" or "have a feeling", but I really don't. If I HAD to guess, I'd say girl, but I guessed girl with Jake, too, so there's that. To be completely honest, it's overwhelming to think about having a little girl. Not that boys are a cake walk, but it just seems like such a monumental task to raise a young lady who is confident and a leader, especially in these days of constant exposure to over sexualized women and girls, unrealistic examples of what beauty is, and too much emphasis on the importance of looks. Having said that, I know that God will bless us and trust us to raise our child, whoever (or whatever) "it" may be. I will be over the moon either way, I just can't wait to find out!



No comments: