Schedule
- wakes between 6 and 7am. Sippy of milk at wake and breakfast (usually a banana and a dry, whole wheat waffle) right afterwards
- nap around 8:30 if at home. (30 to 45 min)
- lunch 12:00
- nap 12:30 - 1 - 2 1/2 hours
- snack 3:30
- supper - 5:30
- bath 6:00, then sippy of milk
- bed - 6:30/7
- hey
- bye bye (dye dye)
- Lily (yiy) - He loves to wave and say "Hey Yiy!" when we pull in the driveway and he can see her on the deck.
- dada
- mama
- babbles all day long. as i've said, he knows exactly what he's saying at all times, but we don't yet! :)
- animal noises: dog (ooo ooo), cat (neeeew), duck (kaaa kaaa)
- night night (ni ni) - this has only been a couple of times.
- He is, like the past few months, INTO EVERYTHING. He loves to open and close doors, drawers, cabinets, and blinds. And if he can reach it, he will get it. We have to be very careful about what is on any surface because he is constantly pulling stuff down.
- He plays well independently. I can be in the kitchen (gated in) while he's in the den playing. (our kitchen isn't really open enough to have him in there when we're cooking, so it's gated off.)
- He knows exactly what we're saying. He knows what his toys are, where his snacks are, what every day items are. He'll walk to the bathroom if I mention a bath or brushing teeth. He'll walk to his room if I say "ready to go night night?" at bed time. He'll give me a kiss or a hug if I ask him to (sometimes. ha!). He'll bring me a book to read if I ask him to.
- has become attached to his owl lovey. We named him Hoots. Jake LOVES him.
- bath time is one of his favorite times of day.
- he loves brushing his teeth. we brush them twice a day and he fights to keep the toothbrush every time. he tries to take it to bed with him every night. (he still has 8 teeth, but there are 4 molars about to pop through, i think. he's been drooling a lot and there are big bumps on his gums where the teeth are pushing up)
- Bea has started potty training. He is not ready yet, but she likes to get them started by putting them on the potty throughout the day, especially after meals. We bought a potty to keep it up at home and he does go in it sometimes. It will be a long time before he knows when he needs to go or is able to hold it.
- For a while, reading to him in my lap was not happening because he's just so busy. I would just read to him while he played. Now, he's starting to sit and listen again and I'm so glad.
- He loves for me to sing to him before bed.
- He is throwing tantrums if told "no". This includes screaming, stomping feet, red face, and throwing himself on the floor. (like I've said, he'll learn eventually that "no" is a part of life and throwing tantrums is not how to get things done). I do have to remind myself often that tantrums are developementally normal and the HE WILL outgrow them. Sometimes, it damn near drives me crazy.
- Sometimes he will hit if told "no". this = time out.
- John has been out of town for work almost every work day this month and has worked every weekend. This was planned and we were prepared, but I was a little nervous about being on my own with Jake with no help. I will say that Jake has been SO, SO good this whole time. We missed John terribly, but I'm so glad Jake was on his best behavior.
- He has been very cuddly. He likes to sit on my lap a lot. I sit on the floor with him all the time and he loves it. He climbs all over me then he'll take a break and sit in my lap (and repeat over and over).
- He can climb stairs on his hands and feet.
- He loves being outside.
- Jake has such a great personality. He is so sweet and is very social. He loves being out in public and waving at people we see (especially pretty young women). He is cuddly but plays rough. He will absolutely let the world know if he is upset or doesn't like something. He is silly, silly, silly and I love it!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment