1/1/13

Happy New Year!

We had such a nice New Year's Eve and day.  Kiki and Poppy were so kind to keep Jake from yesterday morning until today.  I vowed to spend yesterday in bed napping and watching tv and that is just what I did.  I napped and watched a few episodes of Downton Abbey on Netflix.  John even served me lunch in bed.  If you know me, you know that I love, love, love sleep.  The luxury of laying around and doing nothing has escaped me since Jake was born.  Though I wouldn't trade my busy life with him for anything in this world, it was so, so nice to have a day of nothing.
We went to dinner last night with some great friends and were home in time to see the ball drop.  We turned off the tv and were asleep by 12:05. 

Today, we went to the farm for a wonderful New Year's lunch of ribs, bbq, hoppin' john, and collards.  Jake had such a great time with Kiki and Poppy and we were so glad to see him and play with him on the farm for the afternoon (and watch football, of course).


Jake took a slow ride on the four wheeler with daddy

let me drive!


how do you like my gray highlights, folks?  they were free...

 

I can't believe it's 2013, either, bud.

 Happy New Year to you and yours!

No comments: