10/10/10

If You Can't Be With the Team You Love, Love the Team You're With

John's Victory Dance

I am the lone Clemson fan in a sea of ugly garnet day in and day out each fall here in Columbia, I am married to a die hard USC fan, and the stadium is less than a mile from my house. SOOOOO, what else is a girl to do but be a good sport and join 'em? Not a Carolina fan now by any stretch of the imagination, but I do pull for them unless, of course, they're playing Clemson. We went tailgating yesterday and had THE BEST time! The food was great (thanks, Shelby, for the BBQ recipe), the drinks were flowing, and spirits were high! Williams Brice tailgating has nothing on Death Valley, but we still had a blast! Most of our group went into the game, but there were a few of us who stayed behind to imbibe and watch the game on TV at our spot. Doesn't get any better than that. They were nice enough to switch it to the sad Tiger game during commercials and they managed not to rub our loss in my face too badly after their huge victory.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

LOVE the title of this post! So glad ya'll had fun!!!

Courtney said...

you know i'm in the same boat with my die hard gamecock husband! :)

Lucas said...

You are a great sport and wifey for pulling for our beloved Gamecocks yesterday! I am proud of you:)What a great game!

Sarah