1/4/09

Party like it's 1999!

I really can't believe this year is finally here. With our wedding and our new house, 2009 is truly the beginning of the rest of our lives. We have a lot to celebrate, and celebrate we did! New Year's Eve, we went to Tsunami, a Japanese/Sushi restaurant downtown, with our friends John, Jill, and a few others for dinner and then we all did a little bit of good ole fashioned bar hoppin'! We had so much fun!




This is where you might expect our New Year's Day blog to begin, but I'm ashamed to say that New Year's Eve was the extent of our celebration. I was 17 and John was 21 in 1999, and based on the way we felt (and looked) New Year's Day, I've determined that this is how old we thought we were the night before. Let's just say it's not as easy to get over a night like that as it used to be. So sad...
Happy New Year, Everyone! Wishing you all a very happy 2009!

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh my little sista! Looks like ya'll had a stellar night and acted like you were 21 again. And, no, it's not so easy to get over a night like that the older you get. Sa-wee!
But, 2009 is going to be a fabulous year for you both! I can't believe you're gettin' hitched in 4 months!

Love you!

Tricia said...

Glad you could "let your hair down" after working so hard on the house the past month. Looks like John especially had a large time on NYE!!! Love the pics!
Love you!
Tricia

Jean said...

So glad yall had a good NYE! 2009 will be such a great year! So many good times ahead!

Cameron said...

Love the pics! So glad ya'll had an awesome new years and a very merry Christmas! p.s. I love your homemade gift idea! so special and sweet!!!