He keeps us on our toes, big time. You really can't turn your back for a second. For example, he went in the pantry not long ago and dumped an entire large bag of Splenda on the floor. The air was sweet to breath for days afterwards. That stuff gets stuck in the air!
He likes to do things on his own (like climb into his car seat). I also think he may be a good athlete. He is agile and very physically coordinated. He is fearless and will climb on anything.
He is not what one would call "eager to please". He does.not.care. what we say or whether or not we approve of something he is doing, again much different from his rule following big brother. But Lord if he isn't the most charming child on earth. One look from him with those big brown eyes will melt any adult human. No one is immune, I tell you.
Having said that, he isn't hard to please. He thinks going to the store is very exciting!
He has had a big language explosion in the past few months!
He is a perfect mixture of wild and sweet. He is very enthusiastic, loving hard and proclaiming his dislike of certain things just as strongly.
Every night, after I put the boys to bed, he lays awake (happily) just talking and talking. We think he is just repeating things and talking about things that happened during the day. Luckily his roommate (Jake) inherited my ability to fall asleep right when he hits the pillow, so Hamp's chattering doesn't bother him a bit.
My favorite thing that he says, which isn't often, but is so, so sweet is "I wuh loo" (I love you). It will break my heart when he starts saying it the right way. And also, "sugar time!" when he wants a kiss.
I haven't even started potty training yet (shame, shame. Whatever). His teachers work on it with him and all the 2's, but I am not starting until our construction is done in a few months, as I refuse to share our one bathroom with yet another male. Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent. ("I wuh loo" GHW Bush). I have a feeling that it won't be as easy as it was with Jake, so we'll see.
What he loves:
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Cool Whip (he calls it ice cream "ice teen")
Being outside
Telling people what to do.
Driving Jake crazy
Asking questions
Repeating what others say
Music and dancing
Being read to (fave book is Busy Days in Deerfield Valley, which was Jake's fave at that age. The book is in rough shape, but I'll never get rid of it)
He loves to push a buggy.
Hamp, we love you BIG BIG BIG!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment