10/28/14

18 weeks baby 2

Baby at 18 weeks
Your little martial artist is punching, kicking, and thrashing about in her apartment, and you might be able to feel it! Her facial functions are also starting to come together as she can now yawn, hiccup, and swallow. Baby is beginning to develop a coating of myelin on her nerves, a substance that protects and facilitates the brain’s communication with the rest of the nervous system. If you’re having a girl, her uterus and ovaries and fully formed and in place, and if it’s a boy, his genitals now exist as well, even if unnoticed in an ultrasound. Baby is now 5 ½ inches long, about the size of a sweet potato, and weighs about 7 ounces.

I am feeling great at 18 weeks and have a good bit of energy.  I havent gained any weight yet, but my belly is growing rapidly and my appetite is pretty big. Cravings are sweets, fast food breakfast biscuits, and sub sandwiches.  

I'm having some round ligament and pubic bone pain from all the stretching and growing, but nothing too bad most days.  I got the big pregnancy pillow out this week and its helping keep me comfortable at night. My belly button is starting to flatten out a little bit. 

My face, like last time, lacks "that glow".  I am pretty broken out, but oh well!  In fact, I slept with Jake last night because he woke up scared and I woke up this morning to him picking one if my zits!  Good thing I'm not too terribly vein, or this comment might have hurt: "mom, you got wots if yucky bumps on your face!"  Yep.

I THINK/thought I felt baby kick around 14 weeks, but don't feel it very often yet.  Hopefully, I'll start feeling more this week. 18 weeks is when I felt Jake for the first time.

I cannot wait until Nov 17 when we find out the sex of this baby and see how he/she is growing and developing.  We are pretty sure we have a name either way, so I can't wait to start calling baby something other than "baby" or "it"!

Our full mirror is really close to the dresser so there's not much room for a good "selfie", but here is the bump at 18 weeks.  How do I have 22 more weeks of growth left?  I don't know that I'll be able to walk at 30 weeks at this rate! :)



No comments: