Jake is so much fun at almost 2 1/2. Yes, this is a TOUGH (tough, tough, tough) age, but it is equally rewarding and fun. He is so expressive and curious and he never stops talking. Some things lately:
Last week, I taught Jake his last name. His pronunciation, "Asshull", does bring a certain bad word to mind, but that's ok and I actually think it's completely hilarious. (need to get this on video)
He calls berries "biddies" which is so cute that I think I will cry when he stops saying it.
He says "arns" for orange.
He's been saying "OOOH, Boy!" and "OOOH, yeah!" a lot lately.
A sandwich is a "samerts".
Nuggets are "no nuts".
Kiss is "Kriss" or "Triss"
Crab is "cwab".
Girl is "gooder"
He can tell you that his name starts with a J and point that letter out to you (as well as a few others, according to his teacher).
He can tell you that he is two and will tell you that you are three. Everyone else is three.
He likes to sleep with his Little People animals. He likes them lined up so he can see them as he falls asleep.
His favorite songs right now are "Desus" or "Jedus" (Jesus Loves Me), "Oh, Boy" (Danny Boy), and "Bus" (Wheels on the Bus).
He likes the blessing "God our Father" (the song) and calls it "Water Water"
He is really interested in the potty and "tries" to go a lot. I talked to his teacher about it yesterday and she said they'll start training hard core with him going forward now that he's so interested.
He is obsessed with all things farm and tractors/trucks.
He has sweet dance moves. He runs around for a second and then throws himself on the ground (breakdancing?).
He hasn't been eating nearly as much as he usually does, but I'm not worried about it. It had to slow down at some point, and I'm sure it will pick back up again.
He is offended when I call him baby or when we hold him like a baby. "I NOT no baby!" Then we assure him that he is a big boy and he insists that he's "NOT no big boy" either. I have to agree with him, there. He's pretty much in between.
He's really into pretend play right now. There is always a (pretend) shark, chomp chomp (gator), dragon, or "cwab" around that we need to run from or watch him get rid of, which he accomplishes either by herding us into his room and slamming the door or by sticking his tongue out at them. He is very proud of this ("I did it, Mommy!").
He loves his super hero mask, and calls himself Super Jake when he puts it on. Then he says, "I the geeguy (good guy)" and "I faaaast".
Fire is "fodder"
Tired is usually "todder", but tonight he said "I NOT "tarded!" When it was bed time. John and nearly wet our pants.
No comments:
Post a Comment