12/3/13

a few jakeisms

Just a check in to record a few things Jake's been doing and saying lately.

It is amazing how much he is talking now.  We are having more and more of what resemble conversations, and it is so refreshing.  And I think he's happy about it, too.  At least twice a day he says something so cute and sweet that I just want to freeze time. 

And the way he pronounces some things is just adorable.  A few examples:

arm = arn (my favorite)
farmer = until very recently this was farner, but now he says it correctly, sadly
school bus = gogi or coookie
people = peeper (sees an ambulance and says, "peeper sick, mommy?")
fire = fodder
tower = tadder (block tower)
eating = eenee  ("I eenee, mommy!"  said this morning when I was trying to get him dressed)
pray = play ("I pray if feeends!" when asked what he did at school)
mickey mouse = faw fouce (he LOVES him)
monster = foncer
cup = tup
thank you = da doe
please = peace
excuse me = see
milk = moe
cereal = seeeoooo
blanket = brantnet
heavy = haddy ("eee haddy, daddy!")
billy (a stuffed animal) = biddy

One of the sweetest things he is doing right now, is answering everything with "______, Mommy".
"did you sleep good, jake?"  "yeah, mommy".    " is your breakfast good, jake?"  "yeah, mommy."
the way he says it makes my heart melt.

He is obsessed with tractors, cows, farms, hats, and railroad tracks.  He knows the colors blue, green, yellow, and red consistently.  Orange and pink are hit or miss.  He learned them by looking at tractors on our phones or ipad over and over again while we drilled him on the colors.

He's the sweetest one I know.

No comments: