6/7/12

Mama's Chest

For the first several weeks of his life, Jake's preferred spot was laying on my chest.  But, once the newborn phase passed, he was no longer interested in cuddling.  He was still very sweet, but he just didn't like to cuddle anymore.  Dern near broke my heart.
But we've now come full circle, and the boy loves his mama's chest, once again.  For the past few weeks, he just can't help himself.  If he's on my lap for any period of time, in goes the thumb and down goes his head.
I know it won't last forever, and, in the blink of an eye, I'll be wrestling him down just to get a hug, so I am going to snuggle my baby for as long as he'll let me.

There's no better feeling in the world than to need my baby who needs me so.

No comments: